Tasmania: Land of dairy plenty
Tasmania, Australia is home to a thriving dairy industry, the nations fastest growing dairy sector.
In the last decade, milk production in Tasmania has grown over 43% and that's only part of the story...
- Strong investment from milk processors has generated more demand for more milk over the next five years
- As an export-focused dairy industry, ongoing government negotiations have boosted demand for Tasmanian dairy products.
- Investment in irrigation infrastructure around the state has created opportunities to expand exisiting farms and start new dairy conversations.
- Many farmers are investing in new farm infrastructure and adopting innovative practises and technologies such as robotic milking.
- Our temperature reliable climate and pasture-based dairy system provides a lower cost base for the industry.
- There has never been a better time to enter the Tasmanian dairy market
Key advantages for international dairy farmers contemplating Tasmania as a desirable destination and investment option are:
- Ability to expand and grow your dairy operation;
- Less red tape and bureaucracy than UK/Europe;
- Affordable and cheaper land prices;
- High returns on investment;
- Low production costs;
- Stable markets and conditions;
- Favourable lifestyle and entertainment;
Significant opportunities currently exist to Buy a Dairy Farm, Share-farm or Manage a Dairy Farm in Tasmania